Saturday, October 23, 2010

FarmVille Farms Worth Trick-or-Treat'n': Wende King's Halloween Farm



Do you have one of those FarmVille neighbors whose farm is so well decorated that you visit just to check out its awesomeness? Wende King's Halloween-themed farm is one of those. We just had to feature it and find out a little behind the inspiration.

We're sweet on this Halloween vignette, with candy-corn lovin'  LE Roe and Silka deer.
"Halloween is my favorite holiday and I go all out at my House so I knew I'd go all out in Farmville! I just think it's such a fun time. I totally decorate my entire yard with lights, graveyard, eerie music, spider-webs, ghouls in the bushes, etc! I love it!," King wrote.


Wende King
FarmVille Feed Fanatic:  How long have you been farming?
Wende King: I've been farming about a year.

FarmVille Feed Fanatic:  How often do you redecorate your farm? How long does it take?
Wende King: I redecorate about every 2 months and it will take me 2 or 3 evenings to finish. I delete all plots and sort of pile everything up and work on 1 corner at a time.

FarmVille Feed Fanatic: Where did you get inspiration for your Halloween farm decorating?
Wende King: I knew I wanted to have a Spooky Cemetery...that would be a big part of it. I had to see how much fencing I had in Storage and thought the Tuscan Fence is perfect for a Cemetery. I was looking all over for anything that would pass as a Tombstone besides the giftable tombstone, and found the Pig Statue (from the Tuscan Wedding Tent) and the Horse Statue. Other Farmville statues would work also. Then I thought to put the Pig and Horse Ghosts like they're rising up out of the Grave! Then I just built up my Halloween section from there.

Wende's spooky cemetery on FarmVille, featuring creative statue tombstones.
FarmVille Feed Fanatic: Favorite Farmville Halloween decoration?
Wende King: My favorite Farmville Halloween decoration is the Cow Tombstone. I was so glad to see that they re-released it this year (and for coins!!) because I know a lot of people wanted it. I was kind of hoping we would see the Super Pumpkins come back though.....not yet!

We love how Wende mixed together different themes to create a vibrant and cohesive Halloween farm . Check out the German Tailor Shop with the Pumpkin Market.
FarmVille Feed Fanatic:  Halloween decorations you wish FarmVille would release?
Wende King: Oh....I have lots of ideas for Decorations for Farmville. What about a Flying Wicked Witch on a broomstick. It could hover above the Farm like the UFO. Also a hovering Full Moon or Evil Moon would be cool. For animals I'd love to see a Howling Wolf / Werewolf or extra large Creepy Orange or Purple Spiders that you could place on your buildings.
 
 Plenty of ghosties in Wende's eerie focal point. Never thought of hydrangeas as creepy...until now.


Click on thumbnail text for enlarged views.

Whole farm view
Candy Corn corner
Cemetery & Haunted Houses        
Pumpkin Market corner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...